If you are in doubt where you can ride or drive in a specific area please contact the Ranger on duty.
Vehicle Access on Beaches
Council at its meeting on 14th December, 2010 resolved to make the following determinations, in accordance with Section 2.1 and 2.2 of the Shire of Harvey’s Local Government Property Local Law 2008, relating to Beach Reserves.
NOTICE: BEACH RESERVES
All vehicles being driven on all Beach area Reserves within the Shire of Harvey shall:
- Be licensed under the Road Traffic Act 1974;
- Only be driven by the holder of a current valid drivers licence or permit as issued under the Road Traffic Act 1974;
- Observe 40kph speed limit;
- Stay clear of other beach users;
- Stay out of sand dunes and restoration areas.
The use of all Off Road Vehicles and two wheeled motorcycles, whether licensed or not, is prohibited on any beach reserve within the Shire of Harvey.
Please note: No vehicles are permitted on the designated swimming beach areas.