After considerable feedback from community over time, the new skatepark for Harvey is finally becoming a reality!
In 2021, the Shire appointed consultant Playce to undertake and prepare a site assessment for the Harvey Skatepark that was presented to Council in May 2021.
This report recommended Meriden Park as the preferred location as it provided opportunity to develop a skatepark within a precinct that has a number of other active recreation programs forming a centralised hub, specifically for young people. It also highlighted that this site provided enough space to develop a district scale facility and provide provision for future expansion if required.
In response, Council endorsed the consultant's recommendation for Meriden Park to be the preferred site of the Harvey Skatepark and allocated funding for the project from the Commonwealth Government’s Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program.
The project is estimated to be completed in early 2024.
- August 2022 - the Shire appointed design consultant Playce to conduct community and stakeholder consultation to discuss potential locations for the construction of the skatepark.
- September 2022 - Consultant Community Workshops.
- November 2022 - Concept Forum Workshop with Councillors.
- November 2022 - Council endorsed the concept design for the new skatepark.
- February 2023 - Tender for skatepark construction advertised.
- March 2023 - at the Ordinary Council Meeting, the Harvey Skatepark Design and Construct Tender was awarded to Convic.
- October 2023 - Construction of Harvey Skatepark commences
Some of the proposed elements of the current Skatepark design, being undertaken by Convic, include:
- a mini ramp section
- a pump track
- an accessible spectating area
- a street section with a variety of ledges, rails and ramps
More information and contacts
For more information, please contact us.