Based on health advice, it is currently considered safe to go out to public places that are open, provided you maintain good personal hygiene practices and adhere to physical distancing guidelines.
From 6 June:
Public amenities and Services:
- All drinking water fountains and BBQ facilities throughout the Shire will be turned on.
- All public toilets reopened.
- Playgrounds, skate parks and outdoor gym equipment are permitted to be used.
Shire facilities can be hired out and used under the COVID-19 Phase 3 easing of restrictions – Indoor and outdoor gatherings of up to 100 people at any one time, per single undivided space, applying the revised two square metre per person capacity rule for WA venues.
The Australind and Harvey Libraries will continue to open between 9am and 3pm Monday to Friday.
From 8 June:
Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre:
- The HRCC will operate its gym and court hire, along with a reduced group fitness timetable which is available on the Centre’s website www.harveyrec.com. After school care will also be available on certain days. For more information, phone 9729 3311.
Leschenault Leisure Centre:
- LLC will operate all group fitness classes as per the Centre’s schedule on the website www.llc.com.au. The gym will also be reopened.
The Centre’s operating hours are:
Monday to Thursday 5.45am to 8pm. Friday 5.45am – 7pm.
Saturday 8am to 4pm.
Sunday 10am to 4pm.
The aquatics hall will remain closed to continue with maintenance work.
Transmission of the virus is still possible, so do not become complacent. Keep 1.5m away from others where possible, and maintain good personal hygiene.
Covid-19 Safety Plan:
The Shire’s facilities have implemented COVID Safety Plans that inform actions to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 in line with the best available health advice.
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation Council endorsed the COVID-19 Financial Hardship Policy, which is designed to support ratepayers who have faced financial hardship due to COVID-19.
The Hardship Policy ensures the Shire can offer adequate and fair support to our ratepayers. We understand this has been an extremely hard time for many people and we want to support all members of our community with respect and understanding.
If you are facing payment difficulties, or short term financial hardship, due to a change in your circumstances as a result of COVID-19, please contact the Shire 9729 0300 or email email@example.com
Please see below links to other ways you can remain connected during this time