Early Years Network
About the Early Years Network
Early Years Network can play an important role in connecting a community, by working collaboratively to develop and implement initiatives, services and activities aimed at improving outcomes for young children and families.
Early Years Network provides a strong platform to build collaborative practices between organisations, increase opportunities to coordinate policies and programs and respond to evidenced based information about children living in their community through the use of tools eg. the Australian Early Development Census (AEDC).
Early Years Networks provide opportunities to:
- Share knowledge and experiences collectively to improve communities for children and their families
- Engage members to discuss emerging early years issues across their community and advocate solutions to decision makers
- Gain insights and perspectives from community representatives to understand what may be influencing early childhood development
- Explore the AEDC results together with other information to understand community strengths and areas for improvement in supporting children’s development
- Foster a variety of short and long term community initiatives to improve local conditions for children and families
- Strengthen community understanding about the importance of the early years
- Promote early years’ initiatives to the community
- Form smaller working groups of members to run the network’s activities and events as detailed in the action plan §
- Invite guest speakers and presenters to meetings to introduce or develop ideas, programs or topics relevant to the network
- Offer professional support and advice across Early Years Networks.
Harvey Early Years Group
The Harvey Early Years Group has been in existence for approximately six years. It began when AEDC scores in the Harvey area were particularly low and they wondered how to improve them.
The group is loosely formed, with interested people from education, health, local government and community sectors.
The group has held two major Play Expos and is currently looking at development of a couple of Nature Playgrounds.
Meetings are held every two months and usually held at Harvey Library.
More information and contacts
For more information please visit the Connecting Early Years Network website where you can access the:
- Early Years Network Resource Kit
- Local Government and Early Years Network Working in Partnership Resources.
For more information about the Harvey Early Years Group please contact us.Community services
Visit our online community directories to locate family and children services in the Shire of Harvey.Things to do