An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic person to join the team at the Shire of Harvey - Leschenault Leisure Centre in Australind.
This permanent full time position of Aquatic Supervisor will ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for users of the Aquatic Centre with regard to safety, cleanliness and service delivery.
To be considered for this role you will need the following:
- Pool Operations Group 1 Technical operator’s accreditation (LIWA).
- Current Pool Lifeguard certificate.
- Current Provide First Aid.
- Previous experience with a multi-faceted leisure centre as a lifeguard or supervisor.
- Support a culture of quality customer service and respond professionally to problems with appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised following instructions and procedures and reporting issues to the Supervisor.
- Demonstrated ability to co-operate with patrons and work as part of an effective team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of plant room operations, water chemistry and health regulations.
- Knowledge of the Code of Practice for the Design, Construction, Operations, Management and Maintenance of Aquatic facilities.
View Position Description.
Conditions of employment are prescribed by the Local Government Officers’ (WA) Interim Award 2011 with a salary range for this position is Level 3 ($57,558) to Level 4 ($65,436) per annum, dependent upon qualifications and experience and benefits such as:
- Superannuation of 9.5 per cent occupational superannuation from date of commencement, with an opportunity that the Shire will match an employee’s voluntary contribution to their nominated plan provided that employee contributes an amount of at least 5 per cent and/or 6 per cent of their own salary.
- Professional memberships up to the value of $200.
- Full-time Monday to Sunday, located at the Leschenault Leisure Centre.
- Four weeks paid annual leave, including a 17.5 per cent leave loading.
- Free membership to the Leschenault Leisure Centre, the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre and the Dr Peter Topham Memorial Swimming Pool.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online.
Please submit an online application using the Apply Now link below. As part of your online application form you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and respond to application questions.
Applicants should address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. These criteria are used to determine which applicant is best able to perform the duties of the position.
Supporting documents should be saved in PDF or Word (.doc) format (applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed)
Specific queries related to the position should be referred to the Wet Operations Manager, Trent Smith on (08) 9797 4000.
Applications close at 4pm on Monday, 17 May 2021.
The Shire of Harvey is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.