Jump into this fantastic opportunity at one of the fastest growing shires in Western Australia.
Do you have?
- The love of interacting with patrons and the wider community.
- A passion to provide a safe, pleasant and fun environment.
- Pool Operations Group 1 Technical operator’s accreditation (LIWA).
We invite you to submit your application for the fixed term, fulltime position of Aquatic Supervisor. The duration of the fixed term is seasonal from 1 October 2023 to 31 March 2024. This position will actively supervise aquatic patron activities, maintenance and facility operations at the Dr. Peter Topham Memorial Swimming Pool in Harvey ensuring the swimming pools are efficient, safe, hygienic and well presented at all times.
View Position Description.
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Local Government Officers’ (WA) Award 2021 with a salary payable for this position of Level 5 ($70,300 to $73,729) per annum, depending on qualifications and experience and benefits such as:
- Superannuation of 11 per cent occupational superannuation from date of commencement, with an opportunity that the Shire will match an employee’s voluntary contribution to their nominated plan provided that employee contributes an amount of at least 5 per cent or 6 per cent of their own salary.
- Full-time position, average hours of work will not exceed 38 hours per week on the following basis of 152 hours over 28 consecutive days. Span of ordinary hours of work for this position are Monday to Sunday within a spread of ten hours.
- Four weeks paid annual leave, including a 17.5 per cent leave loading.
- A probationary period of three months is applicable to this position.
- Free membership to the Leschenault Leisure Centre, the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre and the Dr Peter Topham Memorial Swimming Pool.
- Prior to appointment, the Officer will be required to undertake a medical examination with a Doctor of choice at Shire’s cost. The appointment to the position is not confirmed until a medical is completed including Shire’s standard questionnaire and accepted in accordance with Shire Policy.
- A Police Clearance will be required to be provided to the Shire prior to confirmation of appointment not more than three months old, at the Shire’s cost.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online.
Please submit an online application using the Apply Now link below. As part of your online application form you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and respond to application questions.
Applicants should address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. These criteria are used to determine which applicant is best able to perform the duties of the position.
Supporting documents should be saved in PDF or Word (.doc) format (applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed)
Specific queries related to the position should be referred to the Aquatics Manager, Trent Smith on (08) 9797 4000.
Applications will remain open until the position has been filled. Please apply as soon as possible as the vacancy may close without notice.
The Shire of Harvey has an ongoing aspiration to become the most accessible and inclusive local government in regional WA.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Shire encourages people of all ages, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of all sexual orientations and gender identity, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.