Coordinator Marketing and Communications (Maternity Leave)
Are you a marketing and communications professional looking for an exciting short term opportunity to work for one the fastest growing local governments in Western Australia?
Applications are now open for suitably qualified and experienced professionals to fill the full-time position of Coordinator Marketing and Communications, during a period of Maternity Leave.
This role will coordinate and implement consistent, innovative and targeted communications which achieve the goals set out in the Shire’s Communications and Engagement Plan.
The role of communications within the Shire is integral to further uniting our community and proactively supporting the objectives outlined in our Strategic Community Plan 2017-2027.
To be considered for this role you will need the following:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in journalism/marketing or equivalent, or substantial experience in a similar role.
- At least five years’ experience in a similar role involving the coordination of marketing, media and/or public relations and the ability to manage staff.
- Highly developed ability to write, edit and proof-read communications materials across a range of mediums including social media.
- Highly developed computer skills including Microsoft programs, internal applications, graphic design programs, website and social media management experience.
- Proven ability to coordinate, implement and manage marketing activities and projects, including the ability to develop strategies, policies and recommendations.
- Extensive experience in dealing with the media.
- Proven ability to create, collaborate and contribute to and lead a high performing team with highly developed research and analytical skills.
- Highly developed knowledge of contemporary marketing principles and promotional strategies with a demonstrated ability to initiate and promote innovative solutions as well as introduce and coordinate strategic change.
- Strong experience in website and social media management platforms.
View Position Description.
Conditions of employment are prescribed by the Local Government Officers’ (WA) Award 2021 with a salary payable for this position of Level 8 ($83,144) to Level 9 ($94,864) per annum, depending on qualifications and experience and benefits such as:
- Superannuation of 9.5 per cent occupational superannuation from date of commencement, with an opportunity that the Shire will match an employee’s voluntary contribution to their nominated plan provided that employee contributes an amount of at least 5 per cent and/or 6 per cent of their own salary.
- Professional memberships up to the value of $500.
- Full-time position, located between the Australind and Harvey Administration Buildings. Flexible working conditions will be required for the successful applicant, this may include of an evening and on weekends.
- Four weeks paid annual leave, including a 17.5 per cent leave loading.
- One rostered day off is available after every 19 working days. Rostered days off cannot be accumulated.
- Free membership to the Leschenault Leisure Centre, the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre and the Dr Peter Topham Memorial Swimming Pool.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online.
Please submit an online application using the Apply Now link below. As part of your online application form you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and respond to application questions.
Applicants should address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. These criteria are used to determine which applicant is best able to perform the duties of the position.
Supporting documents should be saved in PDF or Word (.doc) format (applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed)
Specific queries related to the position should be referred to the Coordinator Marketing and Communications, Chloe Moore on 0428 351 619.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday, 14 May 2021.
The Shire of Harvey is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.