Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the full-time position of Executive Assistant.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Executive Assistant to support the Executive Office and be a valued member of the Governance and Strategy Team. You will be proactive, always one step ahead and able to prioritise workloads in a busy and demanding environment. We are particularly looking for someone who is highly organised with excellent time management skills and able to resolve complex situations with sensitivity and confidentiality.
To be considered for this role you will need the following:
- Diploma in Business, Administration or equivalent with current experience in a similar role.
- Be a proactive professional using initiative, judgement and independence to demonstrate self- sufficiency, flexibility and confidentiality.
- Experience in providing confidential and comprehensive administrative support within a complex political environment to senior management.
- High level problem solving and the ability to gain co-operation, assistance and the trust of others in delivering exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills coupled with highly developed communication and writing skills to effectively compile complex correspondence, reports, documents and minute taking to a quality compliance standard.
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills with experience in meeting deadlines, high attention to detail and dealing with conflicting and varied demands.
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment due to technological development, changes in work procedures and organisational change.
- Ability to work as an effective team member and solve problems and conflict with others.
View Position Description.
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Local Government Officers’ (WA) Award 2021 with a salary payable for this position of Level 5 ($67,241 to $70,520) per annum, depending on qualifications and experience and benefits such as:
- Superannuation of 9.5 per cent occupational superannuation from date of commencement, with an opportunity that the Shire will match an employee’s voluntary contribution to their nominated plan provided that employee contributes an amount of at least 5 per cent and/or 6 per cent of their own salary.
- Full-time position, located at the Harvey Administration Building. Flexible working conditions will be required for the successful applicant. This may include working of an evening and on weekends.
- Four weeks paid annual leave, including a 17.5 per cent leave loading.
- One rostered day off is available after every 19 working days. Rostered days off cannot be accumulated.
- Free membership to the Leschenault Leisure Centre, the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre and the Dr Peter Topham Memorial Swimming Pool.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online.
Please submit an online application using the Apply Now link below. As part of your online application form you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and respond to application questions.
Applicants should address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. These criteria are used to determine which applicant is best able to perform the duties of the position.
Supporting documents should be saved in PDF or Word (.doc) format (applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed)
Specific queries related to the position should be referred to the Manager Governance and Strategy, Kourtney Williams on (08) 9729 0301.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday, 14 May 2021.
The Shire of Harvey is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.