Expression of Interest - Casual Ranger
The Shire of Harvey is calling for suitably qualified candidates to register their interest in being considered for employment as a Casual Ranger.
The ideal candidate will need to promote a strong customer service focus in providing advice and information to the general public on Ranger related matters to maintain and enhance the quality of life for the Shire’s residents, businesses and visitors.
To be considered for this role you will need the following:
- Qualifications in Municipal Law A and B and/or previous Law Enforcement experience. The successful applicant will have completed Regulatory Officer Compliance Skills (ROCS) 1 & 2 qualifications as a minimum.
- Previous experience in a similar capacity or similar role is desirable; including bush fire control, behaviour and safe handling management of domestic animals and livestock, investigating breaches, issuing fines and court appearances.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to solve problems and conflict through discussion, negotiation and teamwork.
- Strong personal organisational skills, the ability to manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Support a culture of quality customer service and respond professionally to problems with appropriate solutions.
- Current First Aid Certificate HLTAID011 Provide First Aid.
View Position Description.
Applicants if successfully appointed to the Casual Pool, will be required to pass a pre-employment medical and provide a current National Police Clearance.
Hours will be between Monday to Sunday and as this role is casual, the hours will be as advised by the Coordinator Ranger Services. Conditions of employment are prescribed by the Local Government Officers’ (WA) Award 2021 with a salary payable for this position of Level 4 ($39.27 per hour) to Level 5 ($44.77 per hour) inclusive of 20% casual loading. Ordinary hours of work performed on weekend will be paid an additional loading and if required to be on-call, an allowance will apply.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online.
Please submit an online application using the Apply Now link below. As part of your online application form you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and respond to application questions.
Applicants should address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. These criteria are used to determine which applicant is best able to perform the duties of the position.
Supporting documents should be saved in PDF or Word (.doc) format (applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed).
Specific queries related to the position should be referred to the Coordinator Ranger Services, Andrew Church on 9729 0350.
The Shire will keep your expression of interest on file and active for 12 months. If you wish to withdraw your application, please email email@example.com
The Shire of Harvey is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.