Expression of Interest
Planning Officer - Graduate
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated graduate to join our Planning Services Team.
Working as a graduate you will assist in a range of statutory, strategic and environmental planning matters (depending on applicant’s experience), in a Shire experiencing significant growth with a variety of planning challenges in both its coastal and rural localities. The position provides an ideal opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their planning career in a diverse environment.
The Graduate position is fulltime for 12 months with the potential for extension up to two years.
Significant progress towards, or completion of, a Degree in Urban and Regional Planning or related degree is required. If the successful applicant is nearing completion of the Degree, the Shire will consider offering the position on a part-time basis initially.
View Position Description.
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Local Government Officers’ (WA) Award 2021 with a salary payable between Level 4 ($63,089) and Level 5 ($71,930) per annum (pro rata if commencing part-time), depending on qualifications and experience and benefits such as:
- Superannuation of 10 per cent occupational superannuation from date of commencement, with an opportunity that the Shire will match an employee’s voluntary contribution to their nominated plan provided that employee contributes an amount of at least 5 per cent or 6 per cent of their own salary.
- Full-time position (option available to commence part-time), 8.00am to 4.30pm located at the Harvey Administration Building.
- Four weeks paid annual leave, including a 17.5 per cent leave loading (pro rata if commencing part-time).
- One rostered day off is available after every 19 working days (if fulltime). Rostered days off cannot be accumulated.
- Free membership to the Leschenault Leisure Centre, the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre and the Dr Peter Topham Memorial Swimming Pool.
- Prior to appointment, the Officer will be required to undertake a medical examination with a Doctor of choice at Shire’s cost. The appointment to the position is not confirmed until a medical is completed including Shire’s standard questionnaire and accepted in accordance with Shire Policy.
- A Police Clearance will be required to be provided to the Shire prior to confirmation of appointment not more than three months old, at the Shire’s cost.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to complete an Expression of Interest form, cover letter, resume and supporting documents addressing the Essential Selection Criteria.
If you are interested in submitting an expression of interest you are encouraged to apply online on the Shire’s website or contact Cherie Chivell on (08) 9729 0304.
Documents should be saved in PDF or Word (.doc) format (applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed)
Specific queries related to the position should be referred to the Manager Planning Services, Elizabeth Edwards on (08) 9729 0348.
The Expression of Interest will remain open until the position has been filled.
The Shire of Harvey is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.