HR Support Officer (Payroll)
A role with Shire of Harvey puts you on a purposeful career path to the future. You’ll enjoy a rich and rewarding career in one of the fastest growing Local Governments in Western Australia and enjoy the great lifestyle on offer in the Harvey Region. This is a unique opportunity with flexible working hours and arrangements, offering either part time from 64 hours per fortnight or full time.
Do you have?
- A flare for numbers and a passion for people
- A friendly can-do attitude and work well with others
- Demonstrated strong organisational and time management skills
- A desire to work in a professional environment with career development opportunities
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced HR Support Officer (Payroll) to join the Human Resources team. The position is responsible for the administration and processing of salaries and benefits for all Shire employees including Shire’s Recreational Centres.
This position will also work with the Human Resources team to provide pro-active advice and support to enable the effective delivery of all Human Resources activities.
View Position Description.
Benefits and Conditions
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Local Government Officers’ (WA) Award 2021 with a salary range between Level 4 ($64,666) to Level 5 ($73,729) per annum, depending on qualifications and experience and benefits such as:
- Superannuation of 11 per cent occupational superannuation from date of commencement, with an opportunity that the Shire will match an employee’s voluntary contribution to their nominated plan provided that employee contributes an amount of at least 5 per cent or 6 per cent of their own salary.
- Professional memberships up to the value of $200.
- Generous Education and Study Assistance options.
- Full-time position, one day off is available after every 19 working days, rostered days off cannot be accumulated or part-time position.This positon is located between Harvey Administration Building and Leschenault Leisure Centre. You may be required to work other locations throughout the Shire as directed by your reporting officer.
- Four weeks paid annual leave, including a 17.5 per cent leave loading.
- A probationary period of three months is applicable to this position.
- Free membership to the Leschenault Leisure Centre, the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre and the Dr Peter Topham Memorial Swimming Pool.
- Prior to appointment, the Officer will be required to undertake a medical examination with a Doctor of choice at Shire’s cost. The appointment to the position is not confirmed until a medical is completed including Shire’s standard questionnaire and accepted in accordance with Shire Policy.
- A Police Clearance will be required to be provided to the Shire prior to confirmation of appointment not more than three months old, at the Shire’s cost.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online.
Please submit an online application using the Apply Now link below. As part of your online application form you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and respond to application questions.
Applicants should address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. These criteria are used to determine which applicant is best able to perform the duties of the position.
Supporting documents should be saved in PDF or Word (.doc) format (applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed)
Specific queries related to the position should be referred to the Coordinator Human Resources, Cherie Chivell on (08) 9729 0304.
Applications will remain open until the position has been filled. Please apply as soon as possible as the vacancy may close without notice.
The Shire of Harvey has an ongoing aspiration to become the most accessible and inclusive local government in regional WA.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Shire encourages people of all ages, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of all sexual orientations and gender identity, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.