Manager Building Services
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Manager Building Services.
The Manager will lead and manage the Building Services team who are responsible for providing professional technical service to customers regarding Building Codes, Local Laws, Standards and other relevant statutory provisions within the Shire.
To be considered for this role you will need the following:
- Degree or Associate/Advanced Diploma in Applied Science (Building Surveyor) or other recognised qualification relevant to Building Surveying.
- Current registration as a Level One or Two Building Surveyor with a minimum five years’ experience as a Building Surveyor, preferably within a Local Government authority.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interpret and apply:
- The National Construction Code;
- The Building Act 2011;
- The Building Regulations 2012;
- Local Government Act 1995; and
- Residential Design Codes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, together with strong customer service skills, well-developed negotiation, decision making and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to a high standards of accuracy, quality-control and attention to detail.
- Proven effective time-management and sound organisational skills, the ability to manage a diverse workload, work unsupervised and constructively as part of a team.
- Prepare and present reports to Briefing and Council Meetings.
View Position Description.
Up to a five year contract with an attractive salary in the order of up to $100,000 with an annual review will be negotiated, dependent on experience and qualifications and benefits such as:
- Superannuation of 10 per cent occupational superannuation from date of commencement, with an opportunity that the Shire will match an employee’s voluntary contribution to their nominated plan provided that employee contributes an amount of at least 5 per cent and/or 6 per cent of their own salary.
- Private use of a Shire vehicle in accordance with Shire Policy.
- A mobile phone for business use in accordance with Shire Policy.
- Professional memberships up to the value of $500.
- Professional development up to the value of $1,500.
- A probationary period of three months is applicable to this position.
- Full-time position, located at the Australind Administration Building, however, you may be required to work at other locations throughout the Shire as directed by your reporting officer.
- Four weeks paid annual leave.
- One rostered day off is available after every 19 working days. Rostered days off cannot be accumulated.
- Free membership to the Leschenault Leisure Centre, the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre and the Dr Peter Topham Memorial Swimming Pool.
- Prior to appointment, the Officer will be required to undertake a medical examination with a Doctor of choice at Shire’s cost. The appointment to the position is not confirmed until a medical is completed including Shire’s standard questionnaire and accepted in accordance with Shire Policy.
- A Police Clearance will be required to be provided to the Shire prior to confirmation of appointment not more than three months old, at the Shire’s cost.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online.
Please submit an online application using the Apply Now link below. As part of your online application form you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and respond to application questions.
Applicants should address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. These criteria are used to determine which applicant is best able to perform the duties of the position.
Supporting documents should be saved in PDF or Word (.doc) format (applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed)
Specific queries related to the position should be referred to the Director Sustainable Development, Simon Hall on (08) 9729 0340.
Applications close at 4pm on Monday, 25 October 2021.
The Shire of Harvey is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.