Manager Environmental Health Services
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Manager Environmental Health Services.
The Manager will lead and manage the Environmental Health Services team who are responsible for the administration of public health legislation, community education and monitoring of key issues, to promote community health within the Shire.
To be considered for this role you will need the following:
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline or extensive experience combined with formal learning and development.
- Experience in contemporary management and leadership practices which includes innovation, process improvement, best practice and effective organisation change.
- Experience in continuous improvement, achieving outstanding customer service and ensuring sustainability of services.
- Ability to think strategically, conceptual and analytical skills and managing business unit performance.
- Ability to manage resources including people, budgets and other assets.
- Understanding of ethical decision making and commitment to corporate governance and compliance.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with an ability to resolve conflict, negotiate and mediate.
View Position Description.
Up to a five year contract with an attractive salary in the order of up to $105,000 with an annual review will be negotiated, dependent on experience and qualifications and benefits such as:
- Superannuation of 10.5 per cent occupational superannuation from date of commencement, with an opportunity that the Shire will match an employee’s voluntary contribution to their nominated plan provided that employee contributes an amount of at least 5 per cent or 6 per cent of their own salary.
- Private use of a Shire vehicle in accordance with Shire Policy.
- A mobile phone for business use in accordance with Shire Policy.
- Professional memberships up to the value of $500.
- Professional development up to the value of $1,500.
- Full-time position, located at the Harvey Administration Building.
- Four weeks paid annual leave.
- One rostered day off is available after every 19 working days. Rostered days off cannot be accumulated.
- Free membership to the Leschenault Leisure Centre, the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre and the Dr Peter Topham Memorial Swimming Pool.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online.
Please submit an online application using the Apply Now link below. As part of your online application form you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and respond to application questions.
Applicants should address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. These criteria are used to determine which applicant is best able to perform the duties of the position.
Supporting documents should be saved in PDF or Word (.doc) format (applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed)
Specific queries related to the position should be referred to the Director Sustainable Development, Simon Hall on (08) 9729 0340.
Applications will remain open until the position has been filled. Please apply as soon as possible as the vacancy may close without notice.
The Shire of Harvey has an ongoing aspiration to become the most accessible and inclusive local government in regional WA.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Shire encourages people of all ages, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of all sexual orientations and gender identity, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.