Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Manager Finance.
We are looking for an experienced and innovative person to fill this key role in our organisation. You will be able to create positive and meaningful change and lead a high performing professional team to deliver across diverse areas including customer service, financial and asset management, and provide input into strategic and corporate planning.
To be considered for this role you will need the following:
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline or extensive experience combined with formal learning and development.
- Experience in contemporary management and leadership practices which includes innovation, process improvement, best practice and effective organisation change.
- Experience in continuous improvement, achieving outstanding customer service and ensuring sustainability of services.
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually, possess analytical skills to manage business unit performance.
- Ability to manage resources including people, budgets and other assets.
- Understanding of ethical decision making and commitment to corporate governance and compliance.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with an ability to resolve conflict, negotiate and mediate.
View Position Description.
Up to a five year contract with an attractive salary in the order of up to $110,000 with an annual review which will be negotiated, dependent on experience and qualifications and benefits such as:
- Superannuation of 9.5 per cent occupational superannuation from date of commencement, with an opportunity that the Shire will match an employee’s voluntary contribution to their nominated plan provided that employee contributes an amount of at least 5 per cent and/or 6 per cent of their own salary.
- Private use of a Shire vehicle in accordance with Shire Policy.
- A mobile phone for business use in accordance with Shire Policy.
- Professional memberships up to the value of $1,000.
- Professional development up to the value of $3,000.
- Full-time position.
- Four weeks paid annual leave.
- One rostered day off is available after every 19 working days. Rostered days off cannot be accumulated.
- Free membership to the Leschenault Leisure Centre, the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre and the Dr Peter Topham Memorial Swimming Pool.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online.
Please submit an online application using the Apply Now link below. As part of your online application form you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and respond to application questions.
Applicants should address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. These criteria are used to determine which applicant is best able to perform the duties of the position.
Supporting documents should be saved in PDF or Word (.doc) format (applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed).
Specific queries related to the position should be referred to the Director Corporate Services, Dean Winter on (08) 9729 0302.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday, 18 June 2021.
The Shire of Harvey is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.