Discover a world of opportunity at one of the fastest growing shires in Western Australia.
Do you have?
- A passion for shaping tomorrow’s communities
- Exceptional customer service skills
- The enthusiasm to provide top notch technical services to drive development
We invite you to submit your application for the fulltime position of Planning Officer. The role will provide a professional technical service to internal and external customers regarding all matters relating to Town Planning and Development to ensure effective performance of the Directorate.
View Position Description.
Benefits and Conditions
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Local Government Officers’ (WA) Award 2021 with a salary payable between Level 6 ($80,022) to Level 7 ($91,071) per annum depending on qualifications and experience and benefits such as:
- Superannuation of 11 per cent occupational superannuation from date of commencement, with an opportunity that the Shire will match an employee’s voluntary contribution to their nominated plan provided that employee contributes an amount of at least 5 per cent or 6 per cent of their own salary.
- Full-time position, one day off is available after every 19 working days, rostered days off cannot be accumulated.
- Four weeks paid annual leave, including a 17.5 per cent leave loading.
- Free membership to the Leschenault Leisure Centre, the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre and the Dr Peter Topham Memorial Swimming Pool.
- Prior to appointment, the Officer will be required to undertake a medical examination with a Doctor of choice at Shire’s cost. The appointment to the position is not confirmed until a medical is completed including Shire’s standard questionnaire and accepted in accordance with Shire Policy.
- A Police Clearance will be required to be provided to the Shire prior to confirmation of appointment not more than three months old, at the Shire’s cost.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online.
Please submit an online application using the Apply Now link below. As part of your online application form you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and respond to application questions.
Applicants should address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. These criteria are used to determine which applicant is best able to perform the duties of the position.
Supporting documents should be saved in PDF or Word (.doc) format (applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed)
Specific queries related to the position should be referred to the Manager Planning Services, Elizabeth Edwards on (08) 9729 0348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will close at 4pm on Thursday, 7 December 2023.
The Shire of Harvey has an ongoing aspiration to become the most accessible and inclusive local government in regional WA.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Shire encourages people of all ages, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of all sexual orientations and gender identity, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.