Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the full-time position of Ranger.
The main focus of the position main focus will be the provision, development and delivery of a broad range of services including community compliance, animal control, bush fire management and parking control.
The ideal candidate will need to promote a strong customer service focus in providing advice and information to the general public on Ranger related matters to maintain and enhance the quality of life for the Shire’s residents, businesses and visitors.
To be considered for this role you will need the following:
- Qualifications to Diploma level in a relevant area or demonstrated contemporary experience in a similar role combined with ongoing professional development and/or qualifications in Municipal Law A and B and/or previous Law Enforcement experience. The successful applicant will have completed Regulatory Officer Compliance Skills (ROCS) 1 & 2 qualifications as a minimum.
- Previous experience in a similar capacity; or similar role, including bush fire control, behaviour and safe handling management of domestic animals and livestock, investigating breaches, issuing fines and court appearances.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to solve problems through discussion, negotiation and teamwork.
- Strong personal organisational skills, the ability to manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Support a culture of quality customer service and respond professionally to problems with appropriate solutions.
- First Aid Certificate HLTAID011 Provide First Aid.
View Position Description.
Conditions of employment are prescribed by the Local Government Officers’ (WA) Award 2021 with a salary payable for this position of Level 4 ($74,362) to Level 5 ($84,346) per annum which includes all allowances and shift loadings, dependent on qualifications and experience and benefits such as:
- Superannuation of 9.5 per cent occupational superannuation from date of commencement, with an opportunity that the Shire will match an employee’s voluntary contribution to their nominated plan provided that employee contributes an amount of at least 5 per cent and/or 6 per cent of their own salary.
- Professional memberships up to the value of $100.
- Full-time position located at the Harvey Works Depot. Rostered hours Monday to Sunday, alternate weekend shifts and after hour callouts are compulsory.
- Shire vehicle provided for during business hours and commuter use in accordance with Shire Policy.
- Mobile phone for business use in accordance with Shire Policy.
- Four weeks paid annual leave, including a 17.5 per cent leave loading.
- One rostered day off is available after every 19 working days. Rostered days off cannot be accumulated.
- Free membership to the Leschenault Leisure Centre, the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre and the Dr Peter Topham Memorial Swimming Pool.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online.
Please submit an online application using the Apply Now link below. As part of your online application form you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and respond to application questions.
Applicants should address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. These criteria are used to determine which applicant is best able to perform the duties of the position.
Supporting documents should be saved in PDF or Word (.doc) format (applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed).
Specific queries related to the position should be referred to the Coordinator Ranger Services, Andrew Church on 0418 934 942.
Applications close at 4pm on Monday, 24 May 2021.
The Shire of Harvey is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.