Recreation and Cultural Communications Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the full-time position of Recreation and Cultural Communications Officer.
We are looking for a communications superstar who has a passion for recreation and culture!
Does this sound like you?
An exciting role has become available for someone who has previous experience in marketing and communications, a passion for leisure and recreation, strong creative skills, and knows how to deliver stand-out marketing and communications solutions.
You will be working with the Shire’s marketing and communications team to execute a range of collateral to enhance the Leschenault Leisure Centre and Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre’s image and brand identity.
To be considered for this role you will need the following:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in journalism/marketing or equivalent, or substantial experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in a similar role involving marketing, media and/or public relations.
- Highly developed communications skills both written and verbal that result in effective and appropriate communication with a broad range of people internal and external to the Shire.
- Highly developed computer skills including Microsoft programs, internal applications, proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Premiere Pro software, and website and social media management experience.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and to work autonomously to meet deadlines and multi-tasking requirements.
- Well-developed skills in writing media releases and preparing promotional material.
- Well-developed public relations skills and the ability to promote a positive image of the Shire’s Recreation and Cultural Centres
- Highly developed knowledge in contemporary marketing and promotional strategies.
- Experience in website and social media management.
View Position Description.
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Local Government Officers’ (WA) Award 2021 with a salary payable between Level 6 to 7 ($72,962 to $83,037) per annum, depending on qualifications and experience and benefits such as:
- Superannuation of 10 per cent occupational superannuation from date of commencement, with an opportunity that the Shire will match an employee’s voluntary contribution to their nominated plan provided that employee contributes an amount of at least 5 per cent or 6 per cent of their own salary.
- Professional memberships up to the value of $500.
- Full-time position, located between the Australind and Harvey Administration Buildings with flexible working options available. You may be required to work at other locations throughout the Shire as directed by your reporting officer.
- Four weeks paid annual leave, including a 17.5 per cent leave loading.
- One rostered day off is available after every 19 working days. Rostered days off cannot be accumulated.
- Free membership to the Leschenault Leisure Centre, the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre and the Dr Peter Topham Memorial Swimming Pool.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online.
Please submit an online application using the Apply Now link below. As part of your online application form you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and respond to application questions.
Applicants should address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. These criteria are used to determine which applicant is best able to perform the duties of the position.
Supporting documents should be saved in PDF or Word (.doc) format (applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed)
Specific queries related to the position should be referred to the Manager Marketing and Communications, Chloe Moore on 0428 351 619.
Applications close at 4pm on Tuesday, 31 May 2022.
The Shire of Harvey is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.