Senior Planning Officer (Fixed Term 12 Months)
Be part of the dynamic team at one of the fastest growing shires in Western Australia and experience a great lifestyle in the Harvey Region.
Do you have?
- Minimum five years’ experience in a planning or planning related field
- Tertiary degree qualification in Urban and Regional Planning or related degree
- Quality customer service skills
We invite you to submit your application for the fixed term 12 month position of Senior Planning Officer.
Working as the Senior Planning Officer, you will assist in a range of statutory, strategic and environmental planning matters, in a Shire experiencing significant growth with a variety of planning challenges in both its coastal and rural localities. The position provides an ideal opportunity for the successful candidate to further develop their planning career in a diverse environment.
View Position Description.
Benefits and Conditions
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Local Government Officers’ (WA) Award 2021 with a salary payable between Level 8 ($93,012) and Level 9 ($106,123) depending on qualifications and experience and benefits such as:
- Superannuation of 11 per cent occupational superannuation from date of commencement, with an opportunity that the Shire will match an employee’s voluntary contribution to their nominated plan provided that employee contributes an amount of at least 5 per cent or 6 per cent of their own salary.
- Full-time fixed term (12 month) position, 8.00am to 4.30pm located at the Harvey Administration Building.
- Four weeks paid annual leave, including a 17.5 per cent leave loading.
- One rostered day off is available after every 19 working days. Rostered days off cannot be accumulated.
- Private use of a Shire vehicle in accordance with Shire Policy.
- A mobile phone for business use in accordance with Shire Policy.
- Free membership to the Leschenault Leisure Centre, the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre and the Dr Peter Topham Memorial Swimming Pool.
- Prior to appointment, the Officer will be required to undertake a medical examination with a Doctor of choice at Shire’s cost. The appointment to the position is not confirmed until a medical is completed including Shire’s standard questionnaire and accepted in accordance with Shire Policy.
- A Police Clearance will be required to be provided to the Shire prior to confirmation of appointment not more than three months old, at the Shire’s cost.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online.
Please submit an online application using the Apply Now link below. As part of your online application form you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and respond to application questions.
Applicants should address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. These criteria are used to determine which applicant is best able to perform the duties of the position.
Supporting documents should be saved in PDF or Word (.doc) format (applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed)
Specific queries related to the position be referred to the Manager Planning Services, Elizabeth Edwards on (08) 9729 0348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 4pm on Thursday, 7 December 2023.
The Shire of Harvey has an ongoing aspiration to become the most accessible and inclusive local government in regional WA.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Shire encourages people of all ages, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of all sexual orientations and gender identity, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.