Sports Coordinator - LLC
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic person to join the team at the Shire of Harvey - Leschenault Leisure Centre in Australind.
This full-time position of Sports Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the operations of sport competitions and sports courts with the highest regard to financial return, safety, cleanliness and service delivery. Provide leadership, direction and support to all Venue Officers, Sports staff and officials ensuring all areas of the Sports Department and courts are operating efficiently with the highest regard to safety and service delivery.
To be considered for this role you will need the following:
- At least two years’ experience in a similar supervisory role at a Recreation Centre.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in recreation and sports competition management and programming.
- Understanding of risk management and Occupational Health and Safety issues relevant to the sport and recreation industry.
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated commitment and high level of customer service skills and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and awareness of best practices, trends and issues in recreation and sports programs.
- Demonstrated computer literacy, particularly competition software and Links POS.
- Current HLTAID011 Provide first aid.
- Approved Manager in accordance with Liquor Control Act.
View Position Description.
Benefits and Conditions
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Local Government Officers’ (WA) Award 2021 with a salary payable for this position of Level 5 ($68,586 to $71,930) per annum, depending on qualifications and experience and benefits such as:
- Superannuation of 10 per cent occupational superannuation from date of commencement, with an opportunity that the Shire will match an employee’s voluntary contribution to their nominated plan provided that employee contributes an amount of at least 5 per cent and/or 6 per cent of their own salary.
- A full-time role which is rostered over Monday to Sunday, located at the Leschenault Leisure Centre.
- Professional memberships up to the value of $500.
- Four weeks paid annual leave, including a 17.5 per cent leave loading.
- A probationary period of three months is applicable to this position.
- Free membership to the Leschenault Leisure Centre, the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre and the Dr Peter Topham Memorial Swimming Pool.
- Prior to appointment, the Officer will be required to undertake a medical examination with a Doctor of choice at Shire’s cost. The appointment to the position is not confirmed until a medical is completed including Shire’s standard questionnaire and accepted in accordance with Shire Policy.
- A Police Clearance will be required to be provided to the Shire prior to confirmation of appointment not more than three months old, at the Shire’s cost.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online.
Please submit an online application using the Apply Now link below. As part of your online application form you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and respond to application questions.
Applicants should address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. These criteria are used to determine which applicant is best able to perform the duties of the position.
Supporting documents should be saved in PDF or Word (.doc) format (applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed).
Specific queries related to the position should be referred to the Sport and Fitness Manager, Warrick Done on (08) 9797 4000.
Applications close at 4pm on Wednesday, 25 May 2022.
The Shire of Harvey is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.