Venue Officer - LLC
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic person to join the team at the Shire of Harvey - Leschenault Leisure Centre in Australind.
This full-time position of Venue Officer in the absence of the Departmental Managers and Coordinators, facilitates the day-to-day operations of the Centre with the highest regard to safety, cleanliness and service delivery. Providing leadership and direction to all staff ensuring all areas of the centre are operating efficiently with the highest regard to service, safety and maintenance.
To be considered for this role you will need the following:
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory role at a large multipurpose recreation centre
- Understanding of risk management and Occupational Safety and Health issues relevant to the recreation and leisure industry.
- Demonstrated organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated commitment and high level of customer service skills and experience.
- Ability to discuss issues and problems with a view to a favourable resolution for all concerned parties.
- Demonstrated knowledge and awareness of best practices, trends and issues in recreation and sports programs.
- Current HLTAID011 Provide first aid.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
View Position Description.
Benefits and Conditions
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Local Government Officers’ (WA) Award 2021 with a salary payable for this position of Level 4 ($63,089 to $66,745) per annum, depending on qualifications and experience and benefits such as:
- Superannuation of 10 per cent occupational superannuation from date of commencement, with an opportunity that the Shire will match an employee’s voluntary contribution to their nominated plan provided that employee contributes an amount of at least 5 per cent and/or 6 per cent of their own salary.
- A full-time role which is rostered over Monday to Sunday, located at the Leschenault Leisure Centre.
- Professional memberships up to the value of $500.
- Four weeks paid annual leave, including a 17.5 per cent leave loading.
- A probationary period of three months is applicable to this position.
- Free membership to the Leschenault Leisure Centre, the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre and the Dr Peter Topham Memorial Swimming Pool.
- Prior to appointment, the Officer will be required to undertake a medical examination with a Doctor of choice at Shire’s cost. The appointment to the position is not confirmed until a medical is completed including Shire’s standard questionnaire and accepted in accordance with Shire Policy.
- A Police Clearance will be required to be provided to the Shire prior to confirmation of appointment not more than three months old, at the Shire’s cost.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online.
Please submit an online application using the Apply Now link below. As part of your online application form you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and respond to application questions.
Applicants should address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. These criteria are used to determine which applicant is best able to perform the duties of the position.
Supporting documents should be saved in PDF or Word (.doc) format (applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed).
Specific queries related to the position should be referred to the Sport and Fitness Manager, Warrick Done on (08) 9797 4000.
Applications close at 4pm on Wednesday, 25 May 2022.
The Shire of Harvey is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.