About the Youth Collective
The Shire’s first Youth Strategy, Voices of Youth 2021-2026 outlines Council’s commitment to partner with our young people to be responsive to their needs and collective aspirations.
As part of the strategy, it was recognised a youth focused governance structure was required to formalise this commitment.
The Shire of Harvey's Youth Collective is a representative group of youth aged 10 to 18 years that advise the Shire and Council on matters relating the needs and collective aspirations of
young people living in and visiting the Shire.
The Youth Collective provides young people with the chance to be involved, engaged and acknowledged by providing opportunities for young people to develop leadership skills andCriteria for membership
be part of the decision making process.
The following membership criteria for the Youth Collective applies:
- An ability to constructively participate in a fair and open-minded manner
- An ability to consider a broad range of views that reflect the diversity of the community
- Good knowledge and understanding of the local issues that are relevant to young people
- An ability to facilitate communication and engagement with young people
- A capacity to commit to the Youth Collective for the required 12-month duration
- The ability to represent the Shire at youth focussed programs and events
All members must abide by a Code of Conduct to be agreed by the group at the beginning of each 12-month term.Selection of members
Youth Collective members are selected through an expression of interest process.
A nomination form must be completed by interested representatives and all nominations will be assessed against the Criteria for Membership.
All nominees will be interviewed by a Community Development Officer before appointment, with a final recommendation presented to the Shire CEO for acceptance.
For more information, please refer to the Terms of Reference.How do I nominate?
Nominations for the Youth Collective have now closed.More information and contacts
For further information, please contact Community Development Officer Andre Morris on 9729 0339 or email.