About the Youth Collective
The Shire’s first youth strategy, Voices of Youth 2021-2026, outlines Council’s commitment to partner with young people, be responsive to their needs and support their collective aspirations.
As part of the strategy, it was recognised a youth-focused governance structure was required to formalise this commitment.
The Shire of Harvey's Youth Collective is a representative group of youth aged 10 to 18 years that advise the Shire and Council on matters relating to young people living in and visiting the Shire.
The Youth Collective provides young people opportunities to develop leadership skills and be part of decision making processes.Criteria for membership
The following membership criteria for the Youth Collective applies:
- An ability to constructively participate in a fair and open-minded manner
- An ability to consider a broad range of views that reflect the diversity of the community
- Good knowledge and understanding of local issues that are relevant to young people
- An ability to facilitate communication and engagement with young people
- A capacity to commit to the Youth Collective for the required 12-month duration
- The ability to represent the Shire at youth-focused programs and events
All members must abide by a Code of Conduct to be agreed by the group at the beginning of each 12-month term.Selection of members
Youth Collective members are selected through an expression of interest process.
A nomination form must be completed by interested representatives and all nominations will be assessed against the Criteria for Membership.
All nominees will be interviewed by a Community Development Officer before appointment, with a final recommendation presented to the Shire CEO for acceptance.
For more information, please refer to the Terms of Reference.Want to nominate?
Get in contact with the Community Development Team for the opportunity to attend our next gathering and see what all the fun is about!Next meeting
The next meeting will be held Monday, 14 November at 4pm. Find us at Lot 208 (next to the Australind Library). More information and contacts
For further information, please contact the Community Development Team on 9729 0339 or email.