Join the Youth Collective
Applications are open for the 2023 Shire of Harvey Youth Collective.
The Youth Collective is a group of young people aged 14 to 18 that help the Shire plan and deliver youth-focused events and activities over a 12-month period.
The group also meet regularly to discuss relevant issues and advise Shire of Harvey Officers and Council on youth related matters.
Through the Youth Collective, young people can make a difference in their community, as well as:
- Learn essential life skills
- Create lasting friendships
- Improve their CV and appeal to future employers
- Connect with local government representatives and community stakeholders
- Opportunity for sponsored attendance at large events in the Shire
- Free entry to touring shows of interest to young people at the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre
- Tours to other youth venues and sporting facilities outside of the Shire of Harvey
In 2022, the Youth Collective helped deliver major events, including SportDaze and Youthchella. Apply here
Meetings will be held at Lot 208 Youth Inc (behind Australind Library) fortnightly, starting Wednesday, 26 April 2023.
Meetings may also be held in Harvey depending on interest level.
The Shire of Harvey Youth Collective is part of a wider commitment to better support local youth. Read about this commitment here: Voices of Youth 2021-2026
Applications for 2023 are now open. Apply here.
All nominees will be contacted by a Community Development Officer.
For more information, please refer to the Terms of Reference.Criteria for membership
The following membership criteria for the Youth Collective applies:
- An ability to constructively participate in a fair and open-minded manner
- An ability to consider a broad range of views that reflect the diversity of the community
- Good knowledge and understanding of local issues that are relevant to young people
- An ability to communicate well with others
- A capacity to commit to the Youth Collective for the required 12-month duration
- The ability to represent the Shire at youth-focused programs and events
All members must abide by a Code of Conduct to be agreed by the group at the beginning of each 12-month term.More information and contacts
For further information, please contact the Community Development Team on 9729 0339 or email.