Shire of Harvey cemeteries
Old Harvey Cemetery
Located at Lot 111 South Western Highway, Harvey, the Harvey General Cemetery was established in 1916 for the settlers in and around the Harvey district.
We currently have no new plots within this Cemetery however the cemetery continues to be used with prior reservations or for current Grant of Right holders.
Established in 1841, The Australind Pioneer Cemetery is located at Lot 377 Old Coast Road, Australind.
The Cemetery has options for both burials and the placement of ashes.
Harvey Lawn Cemetery
Established in 1973, the Harvey Lawn Cemetery is located on Forestry Road, Harvey.
The Cemetery has options available for both burials and placement of ashes in either our Niche Wall or Rose Gardens.
Established in 1898, the Cookernup Cemetery is located at Rose Street, Cookernup.
The Cemetery has a number of burials options available.Burials
Burials are generally carried out by a funeral director, who will arrange every aspect of the burial and service for the family.Ashes
Harvey Lawn Cemetery and Australind Cemetery allow for the placement of ashes.
Options available include memorial niche walls and rose gardens (Harvey Lawn only).
Ashes can also be placed within existing graves in all cemeteries, provided that permission from the Grant Right of Burial holder is given.Monuments and construction requirements
Monuments are not installed by the Shire and a separate application is completed through a monument mason, with the permission of the holder of the Grant of Right of Burial.
All monuments in the lawn section of a cemetery shall:
More information and contacts
- Be made of natural stone
- Be placed upon a base of natural stone
- Comply with the following specifications:
- The overall height of the monument above the original surface of the grave shall not exceed 1.05m
- The height of the base of the monument above the original surface of the grave shall be 150mm
- The width of the base of the monument shall not exceed 1.20m
- The depth of the base of the monument shall not exceed 300mm
- Have foundations placed on a reinforced concrete slab, set level to the natural ground of the following dimensions, length 1.2m, width 0.6m and depth 150mm.
Please contact us for information on:
- Applications to erect monuments
- Burial information
- Cemetery records
- Interment of ashes
- Niche wall and memorial gardens
- Plaque orders
- Reservations for cemetery plots.