Benefits of library membership
You don’t have to be a member to use and relax in our library space. However, there are many benefits of becoming a member, including:
One Library Consortium
- Borrowing up to 30 items for three weeks at a time.
- Access to a large range of books, DVDs, audiobooks, toys and more.
- Access to 24 libraries in the South West One Library consortia.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Free use of public computers.
- Heavy discounted use of printers, photocopiers and scanners.
- Access to a range of events and workshops.
- Technology support.
The Shire of Harvey Libraries are part of the South West One Library Consortium.
This unique arrangement connects 24 libraries within 12 Shires in the South West of WA.
This is great news for our library members! You can use your library card to borrow and return items at any of the participating Consortia libraries. For example, you can borrow items from Australind and return it at the Eaton Library or vice versa.
Participating libraries include Australind, Balingup, Binningup, Boddington, Boyanup, Boyup Brook, Bridgetown, Bunbury, Busselton, Capel, Dalyellup, Dardanup, Donnybrook, Dunsborough, Eaton, Harvey, Manjimup, Nannup, Northcliffe, Pemberton, Walpole, Waroona, Withers and Yarloop.Library collection
We hold a wide range of items in our library collection, including:
- Books in normal and large print.
- Audio books in CD and MP3 formats.
- Magazines and newspapers.
- Toys and puzzles.
- Books for sale and exchange.
- Selection of local history books.
- A selection of rare books about plants of the South West in the Marion Blackwell collection (Australind Library).
We have a great selection of children’s books ranging from kindy level, early readers right up to young adults.
A selection of genres such as westerns, science fiction and fantasy is also available.
Our physical collection is complimented by free eResources.How to join in person
Visit any of our libraries to complete a membership application in person.
Please bring along proof of ID showing your current address.
Children under the age of 18 will need a parent to sign.How to join online
Follow these steps to join the library online:
- Go to Library Catalogue.
- Select ‘Log in’ link (located at the very top of the page).
- Select ‘Register’ (in green text).
- Complete and submit the registration form.
Important note: Your online registration is not activated until you present your proof of ID at any of our libraries. Once ID is sighted, your library membership is then activated and you can start borrowing.