Rate payment options
You have several options for paying your rates:
- Pay in full: Pay in full within 35 days of the issue date to receive a 3% early payment discount. Note, the discount only applies to the rates component.
- Pay in two instalments: Divide the payment over two due dates in September and November.
- Pay in four instalments: Divide the payment over four due dates in September, November, January and March.
Important note: There will be an administration fee plus interest cost if paying by instalments (excluding pensioners).Rate payment methods
Payments can be made:
- Pay rates online: Note, you will need your payment reference number (found on your rates notice).
- BPay via your online banking site: Use Biller Code 94003 and the reference number on your rate notice.
- By telephone: You can pay with a Mastercard or Visa card by calling our Customer Service Officers on (08) 9729 0300.
- By mail: Please detach the remittance at the bottom of your rates notice, and post along with your payment to the Shire.
- In person: Visit either our Harvey or Australind Office to pay in person.
Register for eRates to receive your rates by email. No more lost notices and we all save paper.
Address details are available on our Contact us page.
Did you know you can also pay by direct debit? See options below:
- Direct debit from your bank account: Direct debit can be used to pay your rates in smaller more manageable payments. A direct debit is from a nominated bank account either weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Direct debits always occur on a Thursday.
- Direct debit from your credit card: This is similar to a direct debit, but you nominate the day of the week for the deduction to occur either weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
To arrange a direct debit please complete and submit the form below.