Facilities and Venues for Hire

The Shire has a number of facilities and reserves they maintain and hire. These include sports grounds, kitchen spaces, meeting rooms and community centres.

Booking process and requirements

Booking application

Bookings are required by anyone wanting to conduct an organised activity, including birthday parties.

It is encouraged to book early to see if the venue is available on your selected date.

To book a facility, complete the appropriate application form below and submit it to the Shire. The email is shire@harvey.wa.gov.au.

Assessment of your application may take up to 10  working days.

If approved, you will be sent a confirmation approval letter and invoice, if applicable. This invoice needs to be paid by the due date shown on the invoice or by the event date if this comes first. The facility isn’t secured until your payment is received.


Bonds will be required to be paid on all hall and recreation centre bookings.

To calculate the cost of the bond a ‘Local organisation’ is any person that is currently living within the Shire and an ‘Outside organisation’ is any person that does not live within the Shire.

The venue will be assessed after the booking and the bond will be refunded, provided there isn’t any damage to the venue.

Public liability

All organisations, schools, sporting groups, fitness classes etc. will need to provide a copy of their current Certificate of Currency for Public Liability Insurance.

Liquor Licences

Any Event with alcohol in public or Shire-owned venues requires a liquor license.

Small Function Occasional Licences

For events where:

  • Alcohol is free.
  • Guests bring their own alcohol (BYO).

The sale or supply of liquor at a function (where the serving of liquor is ancillary to the purpose of the function) is exempt from the Act, provided:

  • Up to 75 people, 4 hours max, ending by 10 pm, 4 drinks per person.
  • Up to 100 people, 2 hours max, ending by 10 pm, 2 drinks per person.

For Consumption or Small Function Occasional Licences:

  • Apply 1 week before the event.
  • Responsible person must be present, over 18, with photo ID.
  • Keep the permit on-site.

Occasional Liquor Licences

Required for selling alcohol, including in entry fees. To apply:

  • Request support from us through the application form
  • Apply through the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries.

For Shire buildings or private properties, email, post, or apply in person at shire@harvey.wa.gov.au.

For details and pricing, see the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries website.

Facilities for hire

Halls for hire

HallLocationCapacity and facilities
Australind HallMulgara Street, AustralindCapacity up to 200 people including the Main Hall and Supper Room.  It has kitchen facilities, supper room, main room and disability access.
Benger HallSouth West Highway, BengerCapacity up to 100 people. Has kitchen facilities.
Binningup HallDriftwood Road, BinningupCapacity up to 50 people. Has kitchen facilities.
Brunswick Town HallSouth West Highway, BrunswickCapacity up to 300 people including the Main and Lessor Hall. This facility has a stage, piano, kitchen facilities, disability access main and lessor halls.
Harvey RSL HallBecher Street, HarveyCapacity up to 108 people. Has kitchen facilities.
Harvey Town HallUduc Road, HarveyCapacity up to 372 people including the main and lessor halls. This facility has a stage, piano, kitchen facilities, disability access, main and lessor halls.
Roelands HallGovernment Road, RoelandsCapacity up to 200 people. Has kitchen facilities.

Recreation and sports pavilion’s for hire

NameLocationCapacity and facilities
Brunswick Recreation CentreVincent Street, BrunswickCapacity up to 609. It has kitchen facilities, basketball, netball, badminton courts and change rooms. It is a great location for caravanning groups. Caravanning groups must submit written confirmation from the Brunswick Caravan Park that your group can't fit into the Park.
Harvey Recreation GroundsYoung Street, HarveyThis facility has lights, ovals, food stalls, kiosks and kitchens. Great for sporting events.
Yarloop Sports PavilionTeasdale Street, YarloopCapacity up to 129 people. This facility has ovals, amenity block and kitchen. It is a great location for caravanning groups.

Reserves and gardens for hire

NameLocationCapacity and facilities
Harvey AmphitheatreQuindanning Road, HarveyAmphitheatre for concerts and cultural events.  Capacity 160 people. Electricity is available at a fee.
Stirling Cottage GardensOff South West Highway, Harvey

These very impressive gardens can be hired for wedding ceremonies, but you may enquire for other types of events.

The Shire has many other reserves which can be used for functions with approval. These include:

  • Kingston Amphitheatre
  • Myalup Community Reserve
  • Ridley Place Foreshore
  • Snells Park

Other facilities for hire that are not managed by the Shire.

  • Settler's Hall - 20a Marine Drive, Leschenault -  Rebecca Silver on 0457 005 909
  • Myalup Community Centre -  Myalup -  Carolyn Racco - 0400 201 193
  • Stanton Park - South West Highway, Harvey - Shire of Harvey - 9729 0300
  • Uduc Hall - Field Road, Harvey - Brian Kealley on 0400 474 603
  • Cookernup Community Hall - Riverdale Road, Cookernup - Cookernup Community Association on 97335 519 or 0431 874 881
  • Leschenault Recreation Park Pavilion - Peter Anderson Drive, Australind - LSA Pavilion on 9725 8967 or online

Frequently asked questions

Is the area sectioned off from the general public?

The general public will still be able to use the Reserve and its facilities. the area is not roped off. A permit will be issued advising the location, day and time so the responsible Officers will be aware of your booking.

Can a BBQ be booked?

No BBQ’s and other facilities such as boat ramps cannot be booked for exclusive use. You are able to use them but they must remain accessible to the general public.

More information and contacts

To find out more about hiring facilities, please contact us.

Related pages