As part of the annual Community Grant Funding Program, the Shire of Harvey has announced a total of $586,577 of grant funding.
The Shire of Harvey Grant Funding Program aims to acknowledge and strengthen the valuable contribution that community groups and organisations make towards the Shire being a vibrant, inclusive and connected community.
Funding is allocated across eight categories with grant recipients listed below.
Community Support Grant
Funding for projects that build the capacity and well-being of the Shire of Harvey community.
- Roelands Village - Follow the Flowers - $5,000.
- Rotary Club of Harvey - Harvey Gala Night - $4,500.
- St Pauls Harvey - Youth Program Storage - $5,000.
Funding for community-led initiatives that make a positive contribution to the physical character, amenity or activation of a community.
- Brunswick CRC (Brunswick Town Team) - River Walk - $1,500.
- Yarloop CRC - Yahoo in Yarloop - $1,775.
Funding to upgrade, extend or construct well-planned community and recreation facilities.
- Australind Senior Citizens - Solar Panels - $6,474.
- Brunswick Agricultural Society - Alan Evans Selling Complex - $10,037.
- Harvey Community Radio - Community Precinct Transition - $48,000.
- Harvey CRC - Outdoor Multipurpose Area - $15,363.
- Lions Club of Brunswick - Lions Nursery Airflow - $2,326.
- St John Ambulance Harvey - Needs Assessment and Masterplan - $16,000.
Arts, Culture and Heritage Grant
Funding to support projects that provide opportunities to participate in arts, culture and heritage.
- Harvey Aboriginal Corporation - Cultural Tour Video - $5,000.
- Harvey Historical Society - Operation of Museum - $3,506.
- Valued Lives - Tiny Door Art Trail - $5,000.
Community Events Grant
Funding for events run by and for the local community.
- Australind Baptist Church - Family Christmas Carols - $5,000.
- Brunswick Slot Cars - National Championships - $5,000.
- Harvey Lions Club - Lions Convention - $5,000.
- Harvey Mainstreet - Harvey Harvest Festival - $21,000.
- Leschenault Progress Association - Leschenault Community Day - $1,371.
- South West Opera Company - Gibbs Pool Concert - $5,000.
Funding to achieve longer-term community development outcomes through strategic partnerships.
- Brunswick CRC - Youth Program and Community Library - $30,000.
- BREC - Regional Entertainment Program - $20,000.
- Harvey Community Radio - Operating Costs - $10,000.
- Harvey CRC - Service Provision - $30,000.
- Lot 208 - Youth Program - $80,000.
- South West Academy of Sport - Support Program - $9,000.
Alcoa Harvey Sustainability Fund
Funding to support a broad range of community development projects both large and small that make a positive contribution to the economic, social, recreational or environmental sustainability of the community.
- Harvey Bulls Football Club - Change rooms upgrade - $52,000.
- HBL Football Club - Lights and Power Upgrade - $80,000.
- Yarloop Bowling Club - Solar Inverter Upgrade and Hot water System - $7,000.
Coastal Communities Fund
Funding to support community organisations in Myalup and Binningup.
- Binningup Community Garden - Binningup Skatepark - $100,000.
Learn more about Community Grants and Funding.