Subdivision and Amalgamation

Subdivision approval

Applications for subdivision and amalgamation of land are made to the Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) via the Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage (DPLH).

The WAPC is the authority responsible for determining all subdivision/amalgamation and survey strata applications.

Before determining an application, the WAPC will refer the proposal to the Shire and other relevant State government agencies and service authorities for comment and recommendations.

Subdivision clearance requests

Once approval has been granted and you have completed the works associated with any conditions, you need to apply to the relevant State government agencies, service authorities and the Shire for clearance of conditions.

For Shire related conditions, you will need to submit a letter with your request for clearance, submit the appropriate information and pay the associated application fee. See Planning fees and charges.

Subdivision advice

The Shire’s Planning Officers can provide advice to the public on subdivision potential, zoning and R-Coding for a lot, in the preliminary stages.

It is a good idea to seek advice from either the Shire or WAPC prior to purchasing land for intended re-development.

You can check sewer and water availability prior to purchasing a lot for subdivision with the Water Corporation website.

The DPLH website provide subdivision application advice.

More information and contacts

For more information or assistance please contact us.

Related pages