About the Athlete Travel Subsidy
The Athlete Travel Subsidy helps young local athletes, by providing financial assistance for travel and accommodation to state or national competitions.Eligibility criteria
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be a permanent resident in the Shire of Harvey
- Be under the age of 21
- Be a current registered member of a club or association that is affiliated with a State Sporting Association that is deemed eligible by the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries
- Have undergone a selection process endorsed by their respective State Sporting Association or National Sporting Organisation
- Be able to provide written confirmation of their selection in a recognised event that is part of their sport’s State or National pathway.
- Athletes who attend school or university and are boarding out of the Shire are eligible to apply.
- Eligibility to apply for a subsidy for selection by other specialist State or National bodies is at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
The maximum subsidies available are as follows:
Subsidy Amount per Athlete
Selected as a member of a State team travelling to represent Western Australia at a national championship event or equivalent.
Selected as a member of a National team travelling to represent Australia at an international sporting competition.
The following items are not eligible for the Athlete Travel Subsidy:
More information and contacts
- Medical or physiotherapy costs
- Travel or accommodation costs where an athlete has chosen to represent the State or have qualified to represent the State but have not been selected by the State Sporting Association
- Travel or accommodation costs for participation in an event or competition that does not form part of the recognised State Sporting Association or National Sporting Organisation Pathway
- Applications for travel and/or accommodation costs for events that have already occurred
- Only one application per athlete per year will be considered for support
- Athletes competing as part of a State School team or Special Olympics State team are only eligible if the State School or Special Olympics.
If you would like help with submitting an application, or more information on the Athlete Travel Subsidy program please contact us.
Alternatively, applications should be made online here.