Dog registration requirements
Under the Dog Act 1976 all dogs over three months must be registered and microchipped.
The dog registration period runs from 1 November to 31 October, regardless of when a dog is registered.
Current registrations can be transferred between most local councils within Western Australia.
Dogs must wear their registration tag when in a public place ie. on their collar.Dog registration renewals
Renew your dog registration online.First time dog registration
First time dog registration cannot be done online as a signature and declaration from the owner is required.
To register your dog for the first time, please:
- Download and complete the dog registration form (see below)
- Submit the completed and signed form to the Shire of Harvey (Australind or Harvey Offices) in person or by post, along with:
- Fee payable (see fees below)
- Microchip number
- Certificate of sterilisation (if applicable)
- Proof of pensioner concession (if applicable).