Cat registration requirements
Under the Cat Act 2011, all cats above the age of six months must be registered, sterilised and microchipped.*
Upon registration, the cat must wear its registration tag ie. on its collar.
Current registrations can be transferred between most local councils within Western Australia.
*Exemptions: A cat can be exempt from microchipping if a certificate is issued by a Veterinarian stating that the implantation of a microchip in your cat may adversely affect its health and welfare. If you require exemption from sterilising your cat, please contact us.Renew cat registration
Renew your cat registration online.Register cat for the first time
First time cat registration cannot be done online as a signature and declaration from the owner is required.
To register your cat for the first time, please:
- Download and complete the cat registration form (see below)
- Submit the completed and signed form to the Shire of Harvey in person or by post, along with:
- Fee payable (see fees below)
- Microchip number
- Certificate of sterilisation
- Proof of pensioner concession (if applicable).