Environmental Health Officer
Discover a world of opportunity at one of the fastest growing shires in Western Australia. An excellent opportunity has arisen to join the Shire of Harvey in the role of Environmental Health Officer.
Do you have?
- Bachelor of Applied Science Degree (Environmental Health) or other formal/tertiary qualifications acceptable to the Department of Health
- Comprehensive knowledge of environmental health principles and legislation
- A proactive attitude to the implementation of customer program initiatives
We invite you to submit your application for the fulltime position of Environmental Health Officer. Students in their last semester of studies may be considered. The responsibility of this role is to provide a professional service to internal and external customers regarding all matters relating to Environmental Health to ensure effective performance of the Directorate.
View Position Description.
Benefits and conditions
Conditions of employment are prescribed by the Local Government Officers’ (WA) Award 2021 and Shire’s Enterprise Agreement with a salary payable for this position of Level 6 ($80,022) to Level 7 ($91,071) per annum, dependent on qualifications and experience and benefits such as:
- Superannuation of 11 per cent occupational superannuation from date of commencement, with an opportunity that the Shire will match an employee’s voluntary contribution to their nominated plan provided that employee contributes an amount of at least 5 per cent or 6 per cent of their own salary.
- A mobile phone for business use in accordance with Shire Policy.
- Full-time position, located at the Harvey Administration Building.
- Five weeks paid annual leave, with 4 weeks including 17.5 per cent leave loading.
- One rostered day off is available after every 19 working days. Rostered days off cannot be accumulated.
- Free membership to the Leschenault Leisure Centre, the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre and the Dr Peter Topham Memorial Swimming Pool.
- Prior to appointment, the Officer will be required to undertake a medical examination with a Doctor of choice at Shire’s cost. The appointment to the position is not confirmed until a medical is completed including Shire’s standard questionnaire and accepted in accordance with Shire Policy.
- A Police Clearance will be required to be provided to the Shire prior to confirmation of appointment not more than three months old, at the Shire’s cost.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online.
Please submit an online application using the Apply Now link below. As part of your online application form you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and respond to application questions.
Applicants should address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. These criteria are used to determine which applicant is best able to perform the duties of the position.
Supporting documents should be saved in PDF or Word (.doc) format (applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed)
Specific queries related to the position should be referred to the Manager Environmental Health Services, Sara Saberi on (08) 9729 0370.
Applications will remain open until the positions have been filled. Please apply as soon as possible as the vacancy may close without notice.
The Shire of Harvey has an ongoing aspiration to become the most accessible and inclusive local government in regional WA.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Shire encourages people of all ages, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of all sexual orientations and gender identity, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.