Rebates and deferments available
Pensioner and senior concession rebates apply to rates and the Emergency Services Levy only.
The following rebates apply:
- Pensioners: Eligible for a 50% rebate, up to a maximum of $750.
- Seniors: Eligible for a 25% rebate, up to a maximum of $100.
Important note: Rubbish charges and other levies must be paid in full by the due date.
Pensioners may also be able to defer rates and Emergency Services Levy charges until the property is sold.Eligibility
To be eligible for concessions under the Rates and Charges (Rebates and Deferments) Act 1992, an applicant must:
- Be the property owner; and
- Reside in the property on 1 July of the rating year.
To be eligible as a pensioner you must meet the following requirements:
- Receive the pension and hold a Pensioner Concession Card or State Concession Card; or
- Hold a Seniors Card issued by the Office of Seniors Interests and a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.
To be eligible as a senior you must:
- Hold a Seniors Card issued by the Office of Seniors Interests.
Important note: You must notify the Shire if you cease to be entitled to a pensioner or senior rebate.Apply for a rebate
Apply for a concession on the Water Corporation website, or call 13 13 85.
If your application is approved, the Water Corporation will notify us.
Please note: the pensioner or senior concession will apply from the date your application is received by the Water Corporation.Changes that may affect your claim to a rebate
Some changes that may affect your claim to a rebate are:
More information and contacts
- Your pension type has changed
- You have sold the property
- You have moved
- Your card eg. concession card has been cancelled
- The Certificate of Title for your property has been amended
- The account has arrears or unpaid charges.
For more information about rates please contact us.