Promoting participation, performance and integrity in the sport and recreation industry to support a healthy lifestyle for all people.
The Leschenault Leisure Centre (LLC) is the premier sporting and aquatic centre in the Shire of Harvey and a leading South West sporting facility.
The LLC Expansion project will allow the centre to maintain this position and provide crucial sporting facilities for one of Western Australia’s fastest growing communities.
- Construction of additional courts.
- Spectator seating.
- A retractable grandstand.
- A mezzanine level for additional viewing and events.
- Upgraded change facilities.
- A workshop for wheelchairs and other sports equipment.
- Amenities for umpires, coaches and time keeping.
- Accommodation for training and education requirements.
The development focuses on the principles of universal design to maximise on the regions ability to provide a sporting and event space in which interactions are inclusive.
View the proposed plan.
The Shire has completed an extensive consultation process, needs and feasibility studies and developed concept plans and is working closely with users of the facility to refine the design.
There is extensive support from a number of State Sporting Associations to hold regional competitions and significant sporting events, and an immediate and urgent demand from community and clubs for places to play.
A financial commitment of $3 million from the State Government was secured in March 2021 with an additional $6 million committed by Council. The Shire is seeking additional funding support from Federal Government and other partnership opportunities continue to be investigated.
The project governance structure will be supported by:
- Sport and Rec Advisory Group;
- LLC Advisory Group; and
- LLC Court Expansion Working Group.
- September 2019 - Council endorsed the Leschenault Recreation Park Master Plan.
- April 2021 - Council endorsed the Concept and Feasibility of the LLC Court Expansion and supported the ongoing development of the project.
- October 2021 to March 2022 - Operating Feasibility Study, Management Plan and Business Case
- November 2021 - Council appointed Hodge Collard Preston as the Architectural Firm to design the new courts.
- December 2021 - LLC Expansion Project launched with start-up meeting held on site.
- December 2021 to May 2022 - Design Documentation.
- January - June 2022 - Community consultation opportunities.
- June 2022 - Final design completed and presented to Council.
- June 2022 - Ready for Tender.
- April 2023 – Council endorsed design and staging options and identified project as shovel ready.
- 2024/2025 Financial Year - Anticipated first phase of construction to commence.
These key stages are contingent on additional funding support for the project.
Find out more about the Leschenault Leisure Centre Redevelopment including frequently asked questions.