Harvey Region Tourism Advisory Group
The Shire of Harvey’s Advisory Groups aim to improve community engagement and inform the Shire of the needs and aspirations in the community.
Each Advisory Group has Council Representatives and Community Representatives.Role of the Group
Harvey Region Tourism Advisory Group (TAG) will strive to establish Tourism as front of mind within the Shire of Harvey and the Harvey Region.Objectives of the Group
- Act as the crucial connection between the Shire of Harvey and the community to maximise participation in Tourism and Destination Harvey Region business unit initiatives.
- Advise the Shire of Harvey on strategies and policies relating to Tourism within the Harvey Region.
- Assist the Shire of Harvey to engage the Tourism industry about priority projects, services and facilities.
- Support and help drive the implementation and progress reviews of the Harvey Region Tourism Road Map 2031.
- Assist the Shire of Harvey to identify opportunities for Tourism development in the Harvey Region.
- Support lobbying and the attraction of Tourism and related industry investment to the Harvey Region.
- Advise the Shire of Harvey about strategies and actions to promote and celebrate Tourism awareness.
- Support the Shire of Harvey’s Destination Harvey Region business unit.
Advisory Group members are appointed for a term of up to two years.
There are a minimum of four meetings a year. Members are also encouraged to attend relevant industry functions and activities.
This is not a remunerable position, nor does it include travel expenses. However, zoom meeting options are available. Council Representatives
Community and Shire Representatives
|Annie Riordan||Shire of Harvey Chief Executive Officer |
|Barbara Connell||Former Director of WA Screen Academy and owner of Melville Park|
|Christine Mogg||Local artisan and Australind business owner |
|Julie Broad (Chair)||Business Edge founder and business coach|
|Juliette Sorgiovanni (Co chair) ||Geographe Wine Association Secretary and Harvey River Estate tourism operator |
|Tina Wallis||Brunswick Junction Community Resource Centre Manager with Masters in Tourism, Conservation and Sustainable Development|
|Sonia Bennett ||Western Australian and Lake Brockman tourism operator and past media presenter|
For further information, please contact Tourism Development and Industry Support Officer, Trish Palmonari on 0460 001 435 or email.