Regular or one-off indoor or outdoor events where people assemble for civic, social, educational, entertainment, sporting, religious, business or other purposes. Examples include concerts, shows, fairs, festivals, exhibitions, cultural performances, street markets and similar events.
If your event has any of the following, please complete an Event Application Form:
- Food and/or alcohol
- Music or entertainment
- Amusement rides
- Structures being installed
If you’re unsure, it’s always best to complete the application and we will let you know if no further approvals or permits are required.
Please contact our Health Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Process for holding an Event
- Ensure the facility you wish to host your event at is available (email email@example.com )
- Complete the Event Application Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will review your application and provide you a bespoke list of permits and approvals you may require for your event
- We may set up a meeting with you to discuss and assist with your event requirements
- You provide the Shire with any outstanding information (such as risk registers and temporary food permits)
- The Shire will review all documentation and provide an event approval
- You hold your event!
- For high risk public events or for events over 1,000 people, please allow 12 weeks.
- For medium risk public events or for events between 500 to 1,000 people, please allow 8 weeks.
- For low risk public events or for events less than 500 people, please allow 4 weeks.
View the Public Event Risk Matrix.