Like all Australians, Shire of Harvey Councillors and staff have been deeply affected by the unprecedented fires which have caused significant impact on communities in Australia’s eastern states.
We all want to do our bit to help both the firefighting efforts, and the disaster relief and recovery. The Shire highly recommends the donation of money rather than goods so that funds can be spent where they are required. Below is a list of organisations which are currently accepting donations.
State Fire Services and Brigades:
• New South Wales – The NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS) provides the ability to donate to the RFS as a whole, or to a specific brigade.
• Victoria – The State’s Country Fire Association provides the ability to donate to the RFS as a whole, or to a specific brigade.
• Queensland – QLD Fire and Rescue advise that donations can be made through the Givit website.
• South Australia – In South Australia, the Country Fire Service accepts donations through the CFS Foundation.
Disaster Relief Funds:
• Australian Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund.
• St Vincent De Paul Vinnies Bushfire Appeal.
• Salvation Army Disaster Appeal.
• Victorian Bushfire Appeal.
• Kangaroo Island Mayor’s Relief and Recovery Bushfire Fund.
• Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal Disaster Resilience and Recovery Fund.
If you require any assistance to make a donation please contact the Community Development Officers at the Shire on 9729 0300.