The Design and Construct tender for the Ridley Place Foreshore Reserve Play Area was awarded to Phase3 in August 2019.
The demolition of the existing playground is in progress and site fencing has been installed.
The design will feature:
- Surfaces Design and Layout.
- Crab Feature Design.
- Mangrove Fruit Feature Design.
- Paddleweed maze Log design.
- Crustacean & Mollusc design.
- Mangrove Tree Root Maze Log Design.
The following has been discussed with the designer for inclusion:
- Existing and future reticulation and existing and future underground services.
- Proposed garden beds.
- Perimeter path details.
- Construction vehicle access.
- Options to minimise bore staining.
- Future lighting of the area.
This is a really exciting innovative project which will bring vibrancy to the foreshore area and be a wonderful asset for the community to enjoy.
The design has taken into consideration the indigenous heritage and the natural environment, with many nature play elements being featured in the playground and will take advantage of the existing trees and landscape. It will also have accessible play components, allowing for all abilities to play and enjoy the area.
The project is expected to be completed in February next year.
How the design was formulated