The Shire of Harvey has identified the need to develop a community precinct in the Australind area. The current library facilities and administration centre are undersized relative to the existing and growing population needs of the area, and that currently the community does not have access to fit-for-purpose community infrastructure. The precinct will establish a 'civic heart' and connectivity to the Ridley Place Foreshore.
The Shire undertook a six-week consultation process during June, July and August 2021 to obtain community feedback on the preferred location and required community facilities for the Australind Community Precinct.
Feedback from community consultation for the preferred location was considered and in November 2021, Council adopted the preferred location for the Australind Community Precinct at Lot 208 Mulgara Street, Australind.
The Australind Community Precinct Feasibility Plan was completed using the preferred location as a basis to determine the next steps forward.
Community Reference Group
In addition, Council requested the establishment of an Australind Precinct Community Reference Group.
The development of the Australind Community Precinct will be staged, with construction of the first phase planned to start within the 2023/2024 financial year.
- September 2022 - Appointment of APP for development of Master Plan and Business Case.
- October 2022 - Stakeholder Consultation and Input.
- December 2022 - Concept Forum Workshop.
- December 2022 - Australind Precinct Community Reference Group - Meeting 1 including workshop with Councillors and Australind Leschenault Place Advisory Group .
- January 2023 - Australind Precinct Community Reference Group - Meeting 2.
- March 2023 - Concept Forum Presentation.
More information and contacts
For more information please contact us.