Creative Communities 2027
The Shire’s Art and Culture Strategy: Creative Communities 2027 was adopted by Council in August 2022 and outlines our commitment to support greater artistic vibrancy, strong participation and enjoyment and to recognise rich place based diversity.
This project was developed with the support of the Department Local Government Sport and Cultural Industries Leveraged Creative and Cultural Planning program. The Shire of Harvey would like to thank the Department for the opportunities they provide to Local Government and the creative industries.
Through the implementation of Creative Communities over the next five years, the Shire seeks to demonstrate the wider value of the arts in contributing to health and wellbeing, the economy and society as well as the role arts can play in continued consultation and engagement with our community.
Creative Communities 2027 aims to achieve the following outcomes:
• Raise the profile of art and culture and highlight how each contribute to health and wellbeing, society and the economy.
• Increase opportunities for people to experience art and cultural practices by investigating the barriers they may face.
• Help secure new partnerships to maximise the Shire’s resources and work with community to co-create activities.
• Enable artists, cultural practitioners and organisations to use the strategy for fundraising, advocacy and project planning.
• Support the Shire to strategically plan to increase opportunities for arts and cultural initiative delivery and funding.
The strategy has been developed in partnership with our community and is shaped by an ambition to bring varied talents and creativity to the table.