Library and Information Week runs in May when libraries have the opportunity to showcase their resources, facilities, events and services.
In the Shire of Harvey this includes:
- Membership to the unique South West library consortia;
- Access to 40,000 books, talking books and DVDs within the Shire and 200,000 within the South West;
- A range of regular Storytime, Rhymetime and parenting events;
- School holiday activities, and after-school activities;
- Lego Club and children’s craft;
- Deliveries direct to school classrooms;
- Bookchat, Scrabble and other in-library activities;
- One-off events such as author talks and other presentations;
- Photocopying, printing, faxing, scanning;
- Loans to housebound customers;
- One-on-one technology support; and
- Free wifi and computers.
Library staff will look forward to welcoming new members in particular, during the week beginning 21 May.