Short-term Licence Agreement or Long-term Lease Arrangement of the former Harvey Visitor Centre building, 1 James Stirling Place, Harvey WA
We are offering an exciting opportunity to occupy the former Harvey Visitor Centre building at 1 James Stirling Place, Harvey.
Located immediately off South Western Highway with excellent road visibility and visitor awareness, the building is situated within the historic Stirling Cottage Precinct, adjacent to the heritage-listed Stirling Cottage, Stirling Gardens, the Harvey River and the Kaartdijin Bidee Trail.
The aim of this expression of interest is to positively reactivate the former Harvey Visitor Centre building whilst complementing the existing uses of the Stirling Cottage Precinct. The successful applicant should:
- Encourage foot traffic to the Stirling Cottage Precinct.
- Support the wider vision for the Precinct, as outlined in the Harvey Region Tourism Road Map 2031.
- Contribute and/or align with the Harvey Region brand focus and key visitor experiences of:
- Nature and Adventure;
- Food and Beverage;
- Arts and Culture;
- Heritage; and
- Enhance local amenity, existing uses and aesthetic appeal.
We will consider a wide-range of opportunities that achieve our vision. Potential concepts could include, but are not limited to:
- Studio or gallery offering local and regional artworks and craft for purchase.
- Hybrid businesses that combine two or more products/services, for example: a book exchange and hand-made artisan products.
- Business selling packaged local food produce, flowers etc.
- Artist co-op selling a range of products from local artists and engaging customers through sharing the stories of the makers.
- Outdoor and adventure retail store or tour operator.
- Tourism-focused hire company i.e. bike or canoe hire.
- Business or operation that supports the heritage-focus of the site.
- Upcycled or unique clothing store.
- Business that offers on-brand workshops and small events for visitors and residents.
Please note, the current building facilities do not allow for on-site food preparation.
If you are unsure whether your proposal is within the scope, kindly contact the Destination Harvey Region Business Unit.
We are open to a wide-range of tenure options, from a six to twelve month short-term licence agreement to a lengthier lease arrangement, depending on applicant suitability and the potential to drive tourism and activate the site.
Interested parties should contact the Shire’s Destination Harvey Region Team by 4pm (AWST) on Friday, 22 April 2022.
Manager Economic Development
Phone: 0436 475 405
Tourism Development and Industry Support Officer
Phone: 0460 001 435