Due to the recent direction from the State Government we are notifying our members and the general public that all four branches of the Shire of Harvey Libraries are closed until further notice.
At this time we have eResources available and we are continuing to investigate options as to how we can serve you while the libraries are closed.
What you need to know:
- Return chutes at Australind and Harvey Libraries are available.
- Current loans will be extended until 30 June 2020. This date is not an indication of when the libraries will re-open. In the case, the closure surpasses 30 June, item (s) due dates will be changed accordingly.
- Holds will be suspended. If you have an item(s) on hold, that hold will be suspended until we re-open. You will not lose your place in line for an item you have on hold. Placing new holds on items will be unavailable until the library re-opens.
- Phone support will be available.
- Online storytime for toddlers is available on the Shire of Harvey YouTube site.
- Book-based Boredom Busters will be available on Harvey Community Radio starting next week.
If you have any questions please contact Harvey Library on 9729 0390 or Australind Library on 9797 4590 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Staff will endeavour to assist you with queries and concerns, but please be mindful of limited staff availability.
We take this opportunity to remind all our customers that we have many eResources available to you, so you can still digitally checkout eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and eFilms.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
Story and Rhyme Time Sessions in person are on hold until the library reopens. You can access our online Storytime sessions below.
Enterprise – Our online catalogue
With the ability to log in from home library members can access their library account to view the items on loan, renew items, search the catalogue, reserve items and check out the events happening at the libraries.
With access to 23 libraries in the South West, library members have a large range of items and resources at their fingertips. All you need is your library card number and pin (please ask staff for your unique pin) to access the full site and what it provides.
For more information or questions please call your local library on Australind – 9797 4590, Harvey – 97290390, Yarloop – 97335420 and Binningup – 9720293
The One Library network is the first of its kind in Western Australia and connects 24 libraries in 12 Shires in the South West, giving greater access to patrons. With the One Library network items can easily be requested by yourself online or by library staff. Patrons can borrow and return books at any of the libraries in the One Library system. Your current library card can be used at any of the following libraries:
Australind, Balingup, Binningup, Boddington, Boyanup, Boyup Brook, Bridgetown, Bunbury, Busselton, Capel, Dalyellup, Dardanup, Donnybrook, Dunsborough, Eaton, Harvey, Manjimup, Nannup, Northcliffe, Pemberton, Walpole, Waroona, Withers and Yarloop.
For more information please contact or visit your local library.