About the project
The Shire has been working closely with members of the Brunswick community and interested stakeholders to upgrade the lighting at the Brunswick Recreation Ground (BRG). In conducting initial investigations, it became apparent that a power upgrade would also be needed.
In April 2021, Council endorsed the BRG Master Plan that identified lighting of Brunswick Oval as a critical component for increasing activation for events and participation in physical activity through sport and recreation. Specifically, the ability for Harvey Brunswick Leschenault Football Club (HBLFC) to continue to provide for their men's, women's, and junior leagues and for the Brunswick Agricultural Society to deliver the annual Brunswick Agricultural Show.
Further to lighting requests, the Master Plan identified that power upgrades will be required to support increased lighting and power needs from developments.
The total project scope will be split across two contracts. The first contract will be specific to the power requirements and the second contract will be specific to the lighting requirements.
- March 2023 - the Shire secured funding through the Club Night Lights Program, an initiative created by the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries, which allocated $449,907 for the lighting upgrade at Brunswick Recreation Oval.
- July 2023 - the Request for Quotation, which sought an Electrical Consultant to assist with the project's delivery, closed on 14 July 2023. Sage Consulting was evaluated as suitable and was subsequently engaged to provide electrical consultancy for the execution of the project.
- August 2023 - the consultant is currently revising drawings to include both 100Lux and 200Lux design options for the upcoming Request for Tender.
- August 2023 - the Electrical Consultant submitted an application to Western Power on behalf of the Shire of Harvey, seeking a quote to perform the electrical supply upgrade component of the project.
- October - November 2023 - works to commence at completion of AFL season and Brunswick Agricultural Show.
More information and contacts
For more information, please contact us.