Library, Early Years, Art and Culture and Performing Arts (LEAP) Advisory Group
The Shire of Harvey’s Advisory Groups aim to improve community engagement and inform the Shire of the needs and aspirations in the community.
Each Advisory Group has Council Representatives and Community Representatives.
Advisory Group meetings are open to the public. For further information, please contact the Community Development team on 9729 0300 or email.Role of the Group
To advise the Shire of Harvey on strategies, programs and policies to support L.E.A.P. in the Shire.
To champion L.E.A.P. in the community.Objectives of the Group
- To advise the Shire of Harvey on policy matters and the strategic direction of library services within the Shire.
- To advise the Shire of Harvey on priorities for infrastructure improvements and major maintenance of library services within the Shire.
- To identify and advise on emerging issues relevant to the implementation of Bright Futures: A Strategy for Children and Families.
- Contribute feedback, advice and recommendations on projects, infrastructure and draft policies related to Early Years activities, programs and initiatives.
- To identify suitable public art opportunities throughout the Shire.
- To enhance cultural life through public art projects that enliven and engage with the community in public spaces.
- To foster a supportive culture that allows local art, artists and the cultural industries to develop high quality works.
- To celebrate and enhance the history and culture of the Shire through meaningful public art.
- To promote existing and identify potential public art trails within the Shire.
- Ensure that art collections are maintained, developed and made accessible to the community.
- Ensure the Shire of Harvey set aside appropriate funds in the annual budget to commission public art projects, spaces and collections.
- Ensure the Shire of Harvey keep a publicly available Art Collection Register and perform valuation and condition assessments on the Collection as required.
- Ensure all commissions embody artistic excellence and integrity and to advise on matters relating to public art.
Monday, 6 May 2024 at 5 pm at Myalup Community Hall. Meeting Minutes
View current minutes.
L.E.A.P. Advisory Group Terms of Reference.