Bushfire Mitigation and Emergency Management
Planned Mitigation Works
Mitigation Activity Fund (MAF) Grants Program
An application for Round 2 MAF Programme for 2023 - 2024 has been submitted, awaiting approval with works commencing across the Shire, starting in early 2024.
The work is expected to be completed in June 2024. Locations will be updated when approval has been granted.
All care is taken environmentally to reduce noise and ensure animal habitats are untouched.
Nearby residential properties will be notified when the works are to be carried out, by correspondence and social media.
For more information contact Ranger Services 9729 0333 during normal office hours.
Bush Fire Risk Management Plan
The Shire of Harvey is in the process of developing a plan using the Bushfire Risk Management System.
A Bush Fire Risk Management Plan is a document that:
Local emergency management arrangements
- Identifies bushfire related risk at the strategic level and priorities area of the local government.
- Identifies assets of value that are at risk from bushfires.
- Documents the risk ratings.
- Documents treatment strategies.
The Shire has plans and structures in place to bring together government, volunteers and private agencies to assist in dealing with a major emergency.
Find out more in the document below.
Bush Fire Advisory Committee
The Bush Fire Advisory Committee (BFAC) was established pursuant to Section 67 of the Bush Fire Act 1954.
The Committee was established for the implementation of fire prevention, preparedness, response and recovery.
The Bush Fire Advisory Committee is made up of representatives from:
- Local Captains from our volunteer bush fire brigades
- Chief and deputy fire control officers
- Manager of Waste and Safety Services
- Community Emergency Services Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Members from State Government Authorities.