Planned Mitigation Works
Mitigation Activity Fund (MAF) Grants Program
Round 2 of bushfire mitigation works for 2022 - 2023 will be carried out across the Shire, starting in March 2023.
The work is expected to be completed in June 2023. The below locations will be updated as the works are carried out:
- Treatment ID 6812 - Create Asset Protection Zone by through chemical removal of noxious introduced weeds and species south of walkway behind assets on Lucy Victoria Ave & Kau Close, Australind.
- Treatment ID 20082 - Establish a firebreak to 4m wide x 4m high as per the Shire of Harvey firebreak notice to protect the Cookernup fire station.
- Treatment ID 20083 - Establish a rural type fence to section off reserve for the purpose of livestock control. Conduct livestock and fuel load management in Cookernup.
- Treatment ID 20084 - Establish A Fire Access Track 4m x 4m high using a granular or limestone substrate parallel to Riverdale Road in Cookernup.
- Treatment ID 20085 - Establish A Fire Access Track 4m x 4m high using a granular or limestone substrate in Cookernup.
- Treatment ID 20086 - Rural fence will be replaced as current one is dilapidated in Cookernup.
- Treatment ID 20087 - Install P&W spec 6 legged gate on South Eastern corner to restrict unauthorised access in Cookernup and provide emergency services access to reserve.
- Treatment ID 20088 - Install and upgrade internal firebreaks to create individual cells for future prescribed burns in Cookernup.
- Treatment ID 20115 - Establish firebreak in accordance with the firebreak notice to allow access for fire appliances in Cookernup.
- Treatment ID 20216 - Establish A Fire Access Track 4m x 4m high using a granular or limestone substrate for emergency access. It will include a 17.5 metre turnaround for fire appliances in Harvey.
- Treatment ID 20220 - Improve Hazard Separation for residences on Halyard and Mainsail Way in Leschenault by reducing elevated/ground fuels and establishing canopy separation.
- Treatment ID 20222 - Create a Firebreak behind residential properties to allow access for fire appliances in Leschenault.
- Treatment ID 20226 - Create Hazard Separation in the area highlighted for residences on Hayward Street in Cookernup by reducing elevated/ground fuels. Create canopy separation and reduce fuel load.
- Treatment ID 20227 - Create low fuel buffer by parkland clearing in Cookernup.
- Treatment ID 20229 - Concrete bollards to control access in Leschenault.
- Treatment ID 20230 - Install P&W spec 6 legged gate to restrict unauthorised access and provide access for emergency services in Leschenault.
- Treatment ID 20280 - Replace existing dilapidated fence to the Western side of the reserve to control limited access in Cookernup.
- Treatment ID 20644 - Create hazard separation and reduce elevated/ round fuels in Australind. Establish canopy separation and reduce fuel loads.
All care is taken environmentally to reduce noise and ensure animal habitats are untouched.
Nearby residential properties will be notified when the works are to be carried out, by correspondence and social media.
For more information contact the Bushfire Risk Mitigation Officer, Mr Andrew Church, 0418 934 942.